Monday, December 22, 2008

Hello!

I have been waiting to post this blog for about a week, after I took my last final last week. I knew all of my grades except for that one. I left the final feeling confident that I had done well and was finished with college. As I awaited the posting of my grades I began to doubt my success, my professor had mentioned that a lot of people had written the term paper incorrectly, yada yada yada. I began to worry that I was one of those people and that I would not be done with college because of Human Genetics. He posted the exams scores and I got about the average. Now I was just worrying about my final grade. 

I had been anxiously awaiting the posting of my grades. I logged on after I had fed Karsen lunch and was just playing on the internet. The Genetics grade was posted. I PASSED! I got a B-, which is much better than I had expected to get, sadly. I am officially done with college! The last 4 1/2 years of my life have finally come to an end. I will get my degree mailed to me in a few weeks, my $30,000 piece of paper. 

Yay!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and best wishes from my family to yours!

I feel another kind of accomplishment. Not everyone has a college degree. Not everyone has a healthy baby boy. I am 22 years old and have both. I am so incredibly blessed. I have a sweet, healthy baby boy, a wonderful man by my side, the best family any one could ever ask for, and now on my list of accomplishments, I have a college degree. I just can't believe that its true, I am a college graduate. And I am a mommy!!!! Two great accomplishments. 

No comments: