Thursday, December 4, 2008

I had a few minutes before class and I figured I would write a post. Today has been a good day thus far. It is the final day of class for my college career. I have one final today and the other 5 are spread out over the next 2 weeks. It feels so good to know that this chapter of the book of my life is finally coming to a close. It has been one of the greatest chapters in my life. I have come a lot farther and grown up a lot more than I ever imagined. At the same time, I do not feel ready to have "adulthood" thrust upon me. 

I would also like to say that my mom does not have a brain tumor and is going to undergo some tests on Monday to determine where these headaches are coming from. I wish there was something  I could do for my mommy, alas, there is not. I sit here waiting for my final polisci lecture to begin and hopefully end rather quickly and am so pleased with where life has taken me. I feel like taking a moment to reflect.  4 1/2 years ago I started my college career at Texas Tech and I still consider myself a Red Raider. I loved that school so much and it is where I met the love of my life and we became parents to the most wonderful boy in the world. Now I live in Houston and am receiving my degree from UofH, definitely not my school of choice, but a degree is a degree. 

Enough feeling nostalgic. I read something on a message board today that made me laugh and I called Matt to share. After the debacle that is the tie breaker in the big 12 (football) and the whining of Mack Brown (UT) to get his team ranked above Tech, someone hired a plane to fly a banner that is oh so appropriate. It read, "Hey Mack, Quit Whining, You Knew the Rules". I had a nice laugh with that. 

Go Tech!

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

At any point during this past 4 1/2 yrs. you could have quit and all would have understood and no one would have faulted you. But you did not quit. You perservered and now you have accomplished what many many people only dream about. So many begin and never finsh. i am so proud of you and all that you have acomplished. You are a blessing in our live. May God richy bless you all the days of your life and may you always revere Him.

Am praying for your precious mother.