Thursday, August 28, 2008

I HATE the University of Houston!!!!!!!!

As many of you know I have had a lot of problems with UofH since I transferred in the fall of 2007. The list seems to get longer and longer as time goes by. The first thing that went wrong was that it's not Texas Tech. That is the most obvious one. Then there is the multitude of problems I face whenever I try to take care of my financial aid (which has still not been taken care of this fall, thank you UH). Then there is the problem of no one communication between financial aid and student financial's, where they advise me to take out the emergency enrollment loan when I don't have to, or so I am told by financial aid. There goes $85. Thank you UH. Then there is the first one I discovered this week. My political science (shame on me for being in my last semester and taking a freshman course) professor is a jack ass (sorry for the language). I guess his humor is funny to an 18 year old fresh out of high school. But for someone who has been out of high school for a few years, his crass humor and use of bad language really irritate me. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't have a printer friendly version of the syllabus availible, just the one that has a black background and purple writing, lots of (stupid) graphics and many other flaws. So it is damn (once again, sorry for the language) near impossible to get a hard copy of it, unless you want to edit all of his crap. 

I was going to let this all go and be done with it, after all this is supposed to be my last semester of college. But today I go to the biology advising office to fill out the paper work for my minor, shame on me for putting this off, I know, I know. I go there thinking I have everything done for my minor, which according to what they have posted online, I have already completed. I get the form and fill it out and it says on the bottom that at least 6 of the advanced biology hours (6 advanced are all that the minor requires) must be done on campus. WTF? Why on earth is that not on the website? I was counting on hours from Tech to count as my advanced biology. This has me irate. I am so incredibly angry, upset, and frustrated. Not to mention I have a monthly visitor that is making all of my emotions extreme.

The point of this blog is that if I cannot get the advising department to work with me (which knowing this school....) I will be forced to take one biology class in the spring to get my stupid degree. 

I just really, really, really hate this school. There are not words that can describe the animosity I feel towards it.  Please, please pray for me that I can get through this and that the biology department to see the problem that they caused me and correct this so that I can graduate in December. 

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

oh, Ramona, how hertbreaking.....i am so sorry, but i will pray that you are able to persuade them that they need to work for you..not against you.....i hope that someone will listen that can do something for you.....i will pray for you to have wisdom to determine who all to take your case to.....again, i am so very sorry and i know that this has to be the most frustrating thing in the world to feel so powerless over a situation....i am so sorry all i can do right now is promise to pray for the situation....i love you .....jk