Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ugh

Today was just one of those days that you want to spend in bed. I woke up around 4 am not feeling too well. I decided not to go to class because of how I was feeling that I would spend the day studying for my test on Thursday in Human Genetics. When Matt was ready to take over for me at 10, I went to get us something to eat because I was really hungry, and I got home around 10:30, ate and went back to lay down. I was planning on sleeping for only a little while, like an hour, then I was planning on getting down to business. Around 11:30 (about 20 minutes after I fell asleep) Matt comes into the room and says, "You have to see this, come on...." over and over until I get out of bed. I had a really bad headache, stomach ache, and my eyes were feeling really puffy at this point, but I get out of bed to discover what on earth the commotion was. I walk over to Karsen and he does not have on a diaper. And yes, exactly what you are thinking, he had pooped. I told Matt to clean it up and went back upstairs and got back in bed. He follows me and tells me he needs me to bathe him so that he can clean up the mess he made. I reluctantly do so. I gave him a bath, he had poop on his hands, feet, and bottom. yuck, yuck, yuck. While I was bathing him, Matt brought in two little (not really little) poops that he had thrown out of his pack and play. We were both thankful that he had his pacifier in his mouth and did not eat any of it. 

So now I go back upstairs and lay back down and slept way too long. I woke up around 12:45 and started studying. I was reading my teachers notes and doing my own enrichment research on the disorders. It was overall a good day (minus to poop incident). 

On another note. I made a wonderful Shepherd's Pie on Sunday  night. I had never made one before and wanted to try my hand at it. I asked my mom how she made hers, and Nicole and I had discussed how she makes hers. So I came up with my own recipe. It was fantastic! Yesterday I made some chicken tortilla soup, it is very tasty. I calculated the calories and stuff on it (b/c I am on a diet) and it has less than 100 calories per bowl. Which is GREAT. lol. 

I guess thats it for now, Karsen's dinner is in the oven and I am going to play little big planet. 

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

Did you get any picture s of this event. I am sure you didnt ecause when something like poop everywhere occurs, one has to get busy and clean it up before it really does get everywhere. Precious Karsen. I wonder what he was thinking. Glad you were able to sleep and so sorry you were sick. I know you are probably drained all of the time. Wish I had your shepherd's pie recipe My boys might like it. love you and your family. jk

Anony Mouse said...

No peak-sures of this wonderful event. Maybe next time.

Unknown said...

Hey Ramona, sorry to hear that you had one of those "bed days"... those are no fun, especially when you've got something to do!

By the way, I noticed you said you were on a diet... have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? If you want to lose weight while also getting a boost in energy, you should definitely try it. It's zero calories and comes in a tasty Tropical Blast flavor. Check it out at www.stacker2.com

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, by the way. If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I work with Stacker 2. We'd love to hear what you think of the drink! Good luck with the dieting plans.