Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day After Halloween

Today is the first of November, the start of "Dia de los Muertos", or the "Day of the Dead". A Spanish celebration that I find to be fascinating. But this is not an educational blog, but an entertainment one, so I am not going to get into the details, if you are interested in finding out what it is (because you do not know) I would suggest "googling" it. "Googling" is one of my favorite words...yes that is a word, just look in the dictionary (ed. after 2006) or click here if you dont believe me. 

Onto the Halloween festivities. I do not personally have a problem with the day, although I am hesitant to call it a holiday because generally with holidays you get the day off and we all know that the federal employees would jump to take off any holiday they could, but I still got mail yesterday. I also don't think of it as a celebration of evil, I have heard many stories about the origin of Halloween, and many of them differ. But once again, this is not an educational blog, but an entertainment one so I will not get into the nitty gritty details. Karsen was dressed up as a skeleton, the cutest one ever.


I also felt the need to add a picture of Karsen and his Daddy, just because they are my two favorite people in the world. 


And yes, the mustache is real. I know, I have a real man. :o)

Daddy (Matt), Mommy (Me) and Baby (Karsen), had McDonalds for lunch, Karsen got his first Happy Meal, 4 chicken McNuggets, apple slices, and apple juice. Karsen really liked the nuggets, not so much the apples (which he usually loves) because they had a strange taste, so I didn't make him eat them. He did like the apple juice, it was his first juice box. Then we ran some errands and when we arrived at Petsmart, Karsen was the star of the show in his costume. He likes to watch the dogs in the play room and all of the employees loved him. My sweet, sweet man. Then he and I went to Kroger, just to show him off (and we needed a few groceries) then onto Texas Land and Cattle for dinner. Everyone at the restaurant smiled at Karsen, he is a charmer.

Then we came home and there was a family walking down the street trick or treating and I told them to come to the front door. So with all of the candy I bought, I was able to give away one HUGE handful.

Oh what a wonderful day! 

Now to prepare myself to watch the TTU vs. UT game. Fingers crossed for TTU, Matt and I predict that the winner of this game will be the national champion. 

Go Red Raiders! BBQ some Bevo! 

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

You only had one trick or treater? Karsen really is so cute in his little costume of a skeleton.

Can you believe Matthew? What is going on on his face? Only Matthew. There is only one Matthew and he is ours. What a man! what a joy.

So glad you posted and had a good week end, or rather beginning to the week end. I didnt watch tv so I dont know who won the football game. alas jk