Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finally

I want to start this blog by saying YAY! Our family is part of a very fortunate few who have power. 

Now in response to one of the comments left on my "political blog". Jan, I understand that McCain/Palin will not be able to get rid of the separation of Church and state because Congress would veto any bill regarding that. I also know that our nation was "found under God" and I am all for a Christian nation. I am all for the separation of Church and state not to protect the state but to protect the Church from being ran by government officials. We do not want the president of the United States to make decisions in the Church, just as we do not want the Pope making decisions for the country. I know that we are a "Christian nation" and yes that may change in the next few decades because of the people in this country not wanting to be affiliated with the Christian Church because they are Buddhist, Hindu, Agnostic, Jehovah's Witness, Atheist, or other religions there are -- which are growing in population daily. It would be so much easier to discuss the other things (and this) in person because I fail to capture all of my thoughts when I am typing because I am typing to fast and I think that you may have gotten the wrong impression of where I stand on some of the topics. It is also hard to convey emotion on the internet...so maybe one day we can discuss these things.

Now onto other important things (by that I do not mean that responding to you, Jan, was unimportant). I am sure that you have read Matt's blog about post-Ike, if not there is a link to it on the top of my blog. 

It was a really hard few days for me personally. I was hot, and grumpy, and bored to my wits end. I did not know how many more games of dominoes it would be before I snapped. I am a truly lucky lady to have the man that I have. He forgave me for snapping at him and did whatever he could to make me happy (ie. driving around for about 2 hours...then we came home and had power). I just love my Matthew so much, he is a wonderful boyfriend and an even better father to our son. 

Sunday night we went to Los Cucos and ordered Karsen his first "real" meal. The first time he ever had restaurant food. He sure loves chicken quesadillas. Monday morning we had Burger King and he ate all of my hashbrowns (not really all, but most). 

I had to throw away a lot of food. Probably around $500-600 dollars worth...if not more. Very sad to me.

Yesterday, We went to the mall and I got 2 new pairs of jeans, a new shirt (that Matt picked out and really likes), a few shirts for Karsen and a new brassiere for myself. We forgot to get the Crocs I was supposed to get for Matt, so we went to Academy to see if they had them their and they didn't, but they did have a pair of Dr. Martens that he really liked, but not in his size. So the shoe guy called the Academy on 290 (after checking their stock on the computer) and had them save Matt's size for him. So I went in the store (Karsen was napping in the back seat) and got them for Matt. They are really nice shoes. More grown up than other shoes he owns and they look really nice on him. He is one hott guy. I sure do LOVE my Matthew and my Karsen. 

I also wanted to tell the world that I made breakfast this morning...pancakes, sausage, and eggs. Karsen liked the eggs and the pancakes, not so much the sausage.

Karsen will be publishing  blog and some pictures soon. When he gets some time. 

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

you precious doll. this has been such a strain on all of you, and expecially on you, because you are the mother and you are "in charge" of Karsen's joy and happiness in life/ Actually this is a shared job, but when there is no power, the dad has to assume other responsibilities and it is just plain hard. I love you and look forward to having a cold glass of water and chatting the time away with you. You are such a "thinker" and i do enjoy a "thinker". such stimulating conversations erupt when one is with a thinker. I love you. jk