Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I am a little scared about the impending hurricane. I know that we will be alright, but I am a little more worried because of my angel. I want him to be safe and taken care of. Matt is trying to fix the power generator so that we will have fans and be able to save all of the food in the refrigerator and stuff like that. I think that we are going to go up to Kroger in a little while and stock up on some canned goods and non-perishables, just in case. 

School has been cancelled for both Matt and I. I was on my way to class this morning and decided to just go back home and when I got home I was watching the news and class was cancelled. yay. We were talking about how if we had known that class was going to be cancelled today, we would have headed out of town for the weekend, but its too late now. We are not going to go get stuck in traffic. No thank you. 

I guess we will see how we fair through the storm. Keep us, and everyone else in this area, in your thoughts and prayers.


1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

It was so good to talk to Matthew today twice. I could hear in his voice a confidence that made me feel good. Up here the news was painting a gloomy picture for houston and i needed to hear from matthew if it was worse than usual. If the generator gets fixed, which he now tells me that it is. you all will be in good shape. You may be n good shape anyway since we live so close to methodist hospital and in Champions. Anyway, i hope you all are able to enjoy the storm and not have any bad thing occur due to it. Thank goodness you all dont have to worry about school and thank goodness, this was late in the week. so it can be like a mini "break" for four days. I know that two of the days are week end dsys you would have had off anyway, but just pretend. It makes life seem so much more fun. I love you all. Have you heard anything from your landlady? love, jk